Australian technology company Zettagrid Pty Ltd has launched a new cloud computing service using VMware vSphere that brings affordable on demand cloud computing solutions to the Australian market.
Zettagrid offers cloud servers for on-demand computing power that is delivered on Australian based servers and is backed by full technical support. Cloud computing is the concept of delivering computing services over the Internet that allows users to scale up and down computing power to meet their exact needs.
Zettagrid General Manager, Nicholas Power said, “The key benefit of our new cloud computing service is that it is on demand, which means that services are made available within minutes of purchase. It’s every IT user’s dream to have additional servers available to them immediately without having to purchase any hardware.”
“As pioneers of this new on demand technology, we are proud partners of industry leaders, VMware and Hitachi Data Systems who enable us to provide enterprise features and reliability at an affordable price. We are starting with some base Microsoft Windows and Linux server and will soon move to offering advanced platforms like Microsoft SharePoint, Ruby and Tomcat”, said Mr. Power.
Other features of Zettagrid’s on demand cloud computing solution include:
- All cloud services are built in real time when a customer orders the solution and they will have their server ready for use in minutes.
- Data is securely stored on Australian based servers.
- Solutions are available on month to month plans. There are no long term contracts.
- Users are able to control and manage all aspects of their server.
- Zettagrid’s team monitors the cloud system 24×7 to ensure maximum uptime.